I'm a keen science communicator and I really enjoy presenting activities and giving talks to the public. Over the past few years I've been involved in numerous science communication events. Here is a brief run-down:
- Durham Schools Science Festival (2018)
- Celebrate Science Durham (2017)
- ReCon Event 2017, invited talk: "What helps or hinders science communication by early career researchers?"
- Pint of Science Leeds (2017)
- PubhD Leeds (2016)
- I was the Scottish Winner of the FameLab 2015 competition and performed at the UK FameLab final later that year.
- I performed at the European Science Slam final in Copenhagen in 2014 to a crowd of 200+ public and school students.
- I performed at the Hamburg Science Slam in 2014 in front of a crowd of 600 people in a former nazi fortress!
- I've performed research-comedy at Bright Club in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, and at the Edinburgh Fringe 2014.
- I presented planetarium shows for school children and the public all across Scotland in the University of Glasgow mobile-planetarium.
- I was the runner-up of the University of Glasgow Three Minute Thesis competition 2015.
- I was a STEMNET ambassador from 2011 to 2015.
To top that off, in 2015 I won the Hunter-Cumming postgraduate prize for outreach from the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Glasgow.